4.04.2010

Pan-Fried Tofu

This is the base recipe for most of my tofu dishes.
Ingredients:
1 pkg Tofu (Extra Firm)
Olive Oil (I use a spray)

Preparation:
1. Drain the tofu
2. Cut the tofu into small pieces. I like thin, square-ish pieces.
3. Coat a large pan in a thin layer of olive oil. I recommend using olive oil in a spritzer to get good coverage without using a lot.
4. Turn on Medium heat. If your tofu is taking too long to brown, you may want to turn the heat up a little later on.
5. Add a single layer of the tofu to the pan and let it sit there for about 5 minutes. You'll want it to turn a nice golden brown.
6. Flip the tofu and let the other side brown. This usually takes a little less time than the first side.
7. Continue until all the tofu has been pan-fried.

After the tofu is prepared, add sauces or spices to taste.

1 comment:

  1. This is how I usually make tofu. Next time I go to the store I'll probably try the Asian-Style Marinated, because when I make it it usually comes out boring :(.

    ReplyDelete