4.01.2010

How to Drain Tofu, Quickly

Being vegan, it's pretty hard to avoid using tofu at least once a week or so. Personally, I love tofu, so I enjoy using it in the occasional stir fry or pot pie. However, in the past I neglected to use it due to the time-consuming process of preparing it.

A couple months ago I was in the kitchen after making some delicious vegan cookies (not so low-carb, but oh so wonderful), and I still had my cooking racks out. I wanted to have tofu with dinner, but I was hesitant...until I decided to use the cooling racks to help!

I got out a dish cloth and put it underneath the cooling rack, then I put a single folded paper towel sheet on the rack, and put the tofu on top of that. I added one more paper towel on top of the tofu and a heavy object (I happened to use a large can of beans I had laying around). I let it set for two or three minutes and came back to a perfectly prepared block of tofu!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this the next time i make tofu. I checked in the kitchen and found that there's a cooling rack (it's probably Ryan's).

    Do you take article requests?

    ReplyDelete